Re: Some confusion regarding PCMCIA-related changes

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 04:09:42AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> And yes, the year is 2022, and I'm confused about PCMCIA! :)
>
> A while back, this ended up in a release announcement
> (https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2021/20210802):
>
>      - pcmciautils:
>         + Update /etc/pcmciautils/ dir to /etc/pcmcia/ in udeb (#980271).
>
> and I had a déjà-vu while adding this in the upcoming one
> (https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2022/20220922):
>
>      - hw-detect:
>         + Replace /etc/pcmcia/ with /etc/pcmciautils/ (#980271).
>

> It would be great if someone could double-check what's going on here. :)

This seems very weird to me too, and it seems as though the hw-detect
change is backwards - the template change there also now disagrees with
hw-detect.sh.  I don't think I was involved in that side of it though
(or I've forgotten), so this one is probably for Holger ...

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]