Re: adduser Debconf question - can we remove it?

Marc Haber <mh+debian-packages@zugschlus.de> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 02:54:36PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
>> People having strong opinions about this setting can always
>> adjust the configuration after the installation?
>
> Sure they can, it's a dpkg-conffile¹ after all, but they'll have to
> manually adapt the account created by d-i if they want it differently.

That's just a case of running `chmod g+rw /home/*` though isn't it?

They'll presumably also want to do that to deal with any other users
created before they change the setting, so it seems like no extra effort
really.  I'd have thought that anyone with an opinion about changing
the default will also know they need to run that chmod.

Cheers, Phil.