Re: Firmware GR result - what happens next?

Hi,

Pascal Hambourg <pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org> wrote (Fri, 14 Oct 2022 21:31:31 +0200):

> > The only way for the installer to make use of such firmware is, if the
> > user provides the firmware files on a removable device, like an USB stick.
>
> This is my point. If Debian does not provide all firmware for drivers
> which are included into the installer, then support for extra firmware
> medium is still useful and should not be removed.

For this specific case (use of firmware files, which are not available in
Debian) there is no need for a special installer medium.
The usual installer also has the capability to make use of firmware
provided via USB.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076