Re: adduser Debconf question - can we remove it?

Hi,

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote (Sun, 21 Aug 2022 21:51:06 +0100):
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 10:06:58PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 12:01:03PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> adduser maintainer here. Adduser currently has a single debconf
> >> question, "Do you want system-wide readable home directories?",
> >> resulting in the setting of DIR_MODE in adduser.conf.
> >>
> >> How does the Debian installer team think about adduser removing this
> >> debconf question in a future release, causing the account created on
> >> installation to be created with home directory mode 2700?
> >
> >These changes are in unstable now. So please expect adduser in the
> >installer to ask one less question.
>
> ACK, thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm. Sorry for the long delay!

I cannot find any such message in installer's debconf material or
translations.

So, there are two possible situations:
- the adduser questions are somehow not asked in the installer world;
- we lack documentation for this case, and adduser is indeed included in
  the installer, but this cannot be found in installer's translation
  statistics.

I cannot remember having seen any such message ("Do you want system-wide
readable home directories?") during test installations BTW.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076