Flash-kernel: renamed device-trees

Hello Vagrant,

In Linux 5.19 the device-tree file for the Polarfire Icicle board has been renamed

from microchip/microchip-mpfs-icicle-kit.dts

to microchip/mpfs-icicle-kit.dts

Together with a package like linux-firmware that tries to update all initrds this creates havoc when upgrading (linux-firmware).

Furthermore when using the device-tree name from U-Boot we have a second type of possible failure.

Current U-Boot has
CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="microchip-mpfs-icicle-kit".

Do we have a means to handle such name-changes gracefully?

As the board has neither been supported by Debian Bullseye nor by Ubuntu Jammy I guess the best solution is to patch U-Boot and flash-kernel both to use the new name.

Best regards

Heinrich