Re: ifupdown/dhcp

On Sunday, 8 May 2022 21:34:39 CEST Michael Tokarev wrote:
> What's up with ISC dhclient?

"ISC DHCP Client and Relay End of Maintenance" @
https://www.isc.org/blogs/dhcp-client-relay-eom/

Couple of quotes:
"ISC plans to end maintenance of the ISC DHCP client and relay by the end of
Q1, 2022."

Why: "ISC has no support customers for the ISC DHCP client or relay, and we
haven’t for at least a decade, so there is no funding stream to support
continuing effort on them."

What about users: "ISC DHCP has been, and remains, open source. Anyone can
fork it and develop or maintain it. Users still have all the open source
freedoms with ISC DHCP that they have always had. We are just announcing that
ISC will no longer maintain this code."

HTH,
  Diederik