busybox upload and further maintenance

Hi!

Quite some years ago I stepped down as a busybox maintainer, in a somewhat
scandalous way even, and the details of that story are now started escaping
my memory.  At any rate, I become older, much less touchy than before, and
that time wasn't my easiest period of my life which might have prompted
something unwanted.  I don't remember who was wrong and who was right, if
I you think I did some wrong, please accept my apologies. It definitely
was not my intention to harm anyone, it was just other issues I had at
that time.

Today I thought I'd give busybox another try, if you please.  Just like I
maintained it locally for many years before I become bb maintainer, I
continue to maintain it locally after stepping down (and after nothing
in it happened for years again).

I looked at the current packaging, - Chris Boot did a good job there,
it seems.  It is not an easiest package wrt the amount of bug reports
in there, one has to be brave enough to do some work with it :)

I don't understand what is holding an upload right now, -- the
salsa busybox repository is more than 3 months old now.  I think it
is ready for an upload, - I think we should do it and deal with any
issues which may come.

I'd only do some minor touches there which I noticed immediately -
like, enabling the tr equivalence classes for the static busybox
build too, just like it is done for the regular deb.

In d/patches/ there's a hackish patch temp-deb-installer-hack.patch
which seriously needs addressing I think (not in this upload though), --
has anything been done in this direction, to get values from the
kernel command line in some more sane place than shell environment?

I'm still not familiar with d-i and its internals, so I need some
help there. At least some discussion should be happening, I think,
because this seems to be a serious change for the d-i.  Yet keeping
this patch does not seem to be a good idea.

So, to sum it up the tl;dr way:

- is it okay for you if I help with bb, with its upload and with
  further maintenance?

- is there anything that is holding the upload now which I'm not
  aware of?

- do we have anything in the d-i kernel command line processing
  front, in moving stuff from $env-vars to some saner place?

Thank you!

/mjt