Re: How to deal with po files in debian-installer?

Hi,

Am 23. März 2022 13:28:55 MEZ schrieb John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de>:
>Hi!
>
>I have created a new udeb package called partman-hfs to add HFS/HFS+ support to
>partman and I'm just wondering how to properly deal with internationalization
>support in the package.
>
>Do I understand the mechanism correctly that I just need to create the files
>
>- debian/partman-hfs.templates
>- debian/po/outout

output, not outout
But it's ok in your Github project.

>- debian/POTFILES.in
>
>and the translators will do the rest or is there anything else I need to do?

... and the l10n-script will do the rest, yes.

I reviewed the strings, and that looks good (strings copied from other
partman package where possible, so that translations automatically
match).

So no objections from my side regarding l10n.
(Adding the package to the l10n-sync machinery needs to be done,
as mentioned by kibi, but there's no issue with that.)

>I am referring to the manual 2.2 in the i18-guide of debian-installer [1].

Holger

--
Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3