Re: How to deal with po files in debian-installer?

Hi,

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> (2022-03-23):
> I have created a new udeb package called partman-hfs to add HFS/HFS+
> support to partman and I'm just wondering how to properly deal with
> internationalization support in the package.
>
> Do I understand the mechanism correctly that I just need to create the
> files
>
> - debian/partman-hfs.templates
> - debian/po/outout

Are you sure about that one? :)

> - debian/POTFILES.in
>
> and the translators will do the rest or is there anything else I need to do?

Holger will be able to tell you more about this, but you need that
package to be known by the l10n machinery, via:
  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/d-i/-/blob/master/packages/po/packages_list

Cheers,