arm64/d-i: esp: not enough or too many clusters for filesystem

Hello,
I modified the daily build of d-i to include custom kernel modueles for
the m1. I boot using m1n1/dtb/u-boot > usb stick with fat32 > grub the
the Debian installer in the expert mode. When I try to autopartition it
fails because it creates a ESP partition which is too large. I tried
512M and 1G both failed, but with 256M it works. See the following
video:

https://tg.st/u/d-i-esp-cluster-size-vfat.mp4

These are the scripts that I used to modify the d-i for the m1:

https://git.zerfleddert.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi/m1-debian

See bootstrap.sh.

Also I would like to know where I can file bug reports for d-i?

Cheers,
        Thomas