Re: How to get preseed to ASK me for hostname + strange partitioning behaviour

I’d argue that the hostname question actually IS one of the questions that you DO want, unless you set it using DHCP or preseed.

The problem here (though not confirmed, but sounds logical) seems to be that netcfg is done when the question about the preseed url is asked, so no matter what is set in the preseed file (although I’ve not tested to set it to something useful, since I want to set it to the serial number of the host) if no hostname is provided via DHCP ‘debian’ will always be used for hostname...