Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

Hi Steve,

Am Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:33:38PM +0000 schrieb Steve McIntyre:
> Much as I hate to let you down, I think the best policy now is to be
> honest (with myself and you!) and say that I'm not going to find time
> to do this any time soon. Sorry. :-(

No need to be sorry about this.  I highly evaluate all your work and use
the chance to thank you for this.

> I'm just orphaning some of my packages now, as I've been failing to
> keep on top of those already. Other stuff has had to take priority for
> too long.

I can perfectly understand this since I'm in a similar situation that
I've done so much in the past and need to realise that I have to step
back a bit.

> I still think the best route forward is to add new functionality into
> debconf and then update tasksel use that. But please don't wait on me
> any more. If you can find other volunteers to pick this up, *please*
> do.

As far as I understood Phil's last posting he is working on an enhanced
tasksel.  Hopefully those two mails (yours and Phil's) will motivate
other contributors to step in.  I will not do this (see above).

Thanks again for all your work

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de