Re: Speed up installation: activate eatmydata-udeb by default and include eatmydata package in /pool

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 08:49:34 +0100
Ian Campbell <ijc@debian.org> wrote:

> > Please do not confuse "ignore" with "terribly understaffed".
>
> I wonder if there is anything which a 3rd party could be found to do
> via the Freexian project thing[0] which would reduce the overall
> burden and free up some of the limited time contributors (of which I
> am long lapsed :-() have? e.g. automate some time consuming manual
> work, setup automated testing infra, that sort of thing?

Thanks for bringing this up.

I am a long time Debian user (Linux since 1993, Debian only for the
last decade or so). I have had little idea how things work in the
Debian community and am just beginning to explore it.

Along with Freexian, perhaps the occasional Call for Volunteers to get
specific things done would shake loose some volunteers? These could go
out on the various user-level mailing lists such as debian-user.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/