Re: serial console install issues, all the links of the chain

On 12/04/21 6:18 pm, Geert Stappers wrote:

Do we know the "path" that original poster is using?

Possible format for answer to this

  - APU device
  - 9-pin serial connector
  - null-modem, cross connects everthing
  - 9-pin serial connector
  - USB-Serial-Adapter
  - Linux computer
  - XFCE desktop
  - "terminal window", sized at 80x26 character
  - application `screen`
  - User

More or less right. I'm not sure of the specs of the null-modem cable; I found it amongst my collection of junk. For all I know it's straight through and the USB adapter autodetects - is that a thing?

But I also don't see the significance - I've had no issues that look like communications problems, flow control problems or anything like that.

Cheers,
Richard