Re: serial console install issues

On 12/04/21 4:38 am, Lou Poppler wrote:
On Sun, 2021-04-11 at 21:18 +1200, Richard Hector wrote:

I think so, yes. But my problems started earlier than booting linux, at the SysLinux menu. Perhaps what's needed is more of an appendix for dealing with serial consoles?

Anyway, I'll try to be more helpful tomorrow :-)

I tried to help Richard's quest on IRC a little.  One of the issues was that his
first serial TTY lashup did not include arrow keys, for navigating the choices
of the boot menu.  It would help if any additions to the documentation for the
serial console could include mention of ctrl-N ("Next") for down arrow, and
ctrl-P ("previous") for up arrow.

That might be useful, but was not the problem I was having. The arrow keys were in fact working, but the display wasn't updating correctly because there were insufficient lines on my screen.

Cheers,
Richard