Re: Finding a tentative bullseye release date

Hey Paul and others!

On Fri, Apr 09, 2021 at 08:47:21PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
>Dear release team, ftpmasters, press team, cd team, d-i team,
>
>The Release Team believes that the state of bullseye is pretty good.
>Yes, there are some blocking bugs [1] and d-i and shim still need some
>love, but the state is much better than we remembered from the same time
>in buster.
>
>Last time in the buster release cycle, it took quite a while to pick a
>release date once it was clear that buster could get released. As we
>believe that shorter freeze period are better for the spirit of
>contributors to Debian, we'd like to avoid such an unnecessary delay
>again, and we'd want to pick a tentative release date. We call it
>tentative, because it would be the date where we do the bullseye release
>assuming that the identified issues are resolved by then and that we
>don't find new blocking issues between now and two weeks before that
>proposed date. So, the date would not be the set-in-stone release date,
>but obviously it would become more solid as we get near it.
>
>We propose to aim for a release date in May. Would either of the
>following work for you and do you have any preference?
>- May  1
>- May  8
>- May 15
>- May 22
>- May 29

So far I'm available for all of those weekends, but for selfish
reasons I'd prefer not to be busy on the weekend of the 29th.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.