Re: Speed up installation: activate eatmydata-udeb by default and include eatmydata package in /pool

> This move should be documented somewhere and maybe emit a warning to
> that effect before starting the installer:
>
> "Incase of failure during the installation, it is recommended to restart
> from scratch."

That warning sounds good, but perhaps it should be there
whether you are using eatmydata or not.
I would not like to finish an interrupted partial installation too.

> Could d-i verify that the installation was successfull and tell it to
> the user?

As others have said, doing that thing that eatmydata disables
just at the end before d-i reports
the end of the installation procedure,
there should not be more risk using eatmydata than not using it.

As this proposal sounds like a very good idea, and since
it doesn't look to difficult to be done now, before the release of
Debian 11, the Debian-Boot team should do this.

What do we need to do to push this proposal to d-i for Debian 11?
--
Santiago Pinto