Re: Speed up installation: activate eatmydata-udeb by default and include eatmydata package in /pool

Cmdte Alpha Tigre Z, le mar. 06 avril 2021 17:35:19 -0400, a ecrit:
> I read this page: https://www.flamingspork.com/projects/libeatmydata/
>
> It looks like it is not good idea to use it for critical information.

Indeed. But a fresh install is not critical information. If you lost
power during installation you'll want to restart over anyway.

> But, I would not enable it by default.  If the package really
> behaves as its name suggests,

Its name is there for people to indeed not think that it's a magic wand
that makes everything faster. It makes it faster at the expense of not
protecting it from power loss. But here the half-installed system is
moot anyway, we do not care that the dpkg database is coherent, we'll
want to start over anyway.

Samuel