Re: partman, growlight, discoverable partitions, and fun

On 9/28/21 12:13, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> IOW, chill out, nobody's going to kill off partman unless there's
> something that's *actually* better than partman.

Just some comments after reading after this [1] because I honestly find it
unfair the way I am being cornered here.

First of all, neither Fedora or openSUSE seem to use glowlight as their
primary partitioning tool nor are they using discoverable partitions.

Secondly, discoverable partitions are primarily intended for containers
and systemd is using mkosi [2] for generating such images with discoverable
partitions.

Thirdly, Luca Boccassi considers himself to be systemd upstream [3] without
disclosing that information here. This is an information that he should
at least have disclosed before starting to voice his support for discoverable
partitions and insisting that the feature is important enough to kill off
parted.

Thanks,
Adrian

--