Re: firmware should be loaded for essential hardware drivers not used during the installation, particularly graphics drivers

"B. Zhang" <yangtze31@gmail.com> wrote:
> The installation (console) by default went well. Thank you.
> But to restart, surprise, white screen.
> In fact, missing the firmware for the graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6470M, which
> was not reported by the installer during installation.
> It was not easy for a novice to find and solve this problem.
> I had to type commands in blind to go to the console and login as root to
> install the package firmware-linux-nonfree. (I could also use the CD in rescue
> mode)

Sorry, that it took so long, but now - with the recent Bullseye installer -
we have a mechanism in place, which takes care of this.

So closing this bug

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076