Re: Q: different behavior about d-i between normal install image and live image

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 09:43:52AM +0900, Hideki Yamane wrote:
>Hi,
>
> There is a different behavior between normal install image and live image,
> that is asking choose tasks with tasksel. At live image, start with debian-installer
> to install (not calamares on GUI), there is no step via tasksel.
>
> Is it intended behavior?

Yes, this has always been the case. If you install using the live
image, you get (approximately) a clone of the live image on ypur hard
drive. If you want flexibility to choose different packages, use a
normal installation image.

Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,
Tongue-tied & twisted, Just an earth-bound misfit, I...