Re: Should /boot be ext2, instead of ext4?

Hi Hideki!

> On Aug 7, 2021, at 4:12 PM, Hideki Yamane <henrich@iijmio-mail.jp> wrote:
>
> I've found that d-i creates /boot as ext2 for guided partioning
> with LVM. I think ext4 is better but is there any reason to do so?
> (e.g. some architecture or bootloader cannot recognize ext4 for it)

It’s normally a bootloader compatibility issue but since we switched many architectures over to GRUB where possible, it might no longer be necessary to use ext2 for /boot.

I will have to go through the list of bootloaders currently in use and I’ll let you know.

I’m currently not at home, so I can’t to that right now. But I can do that tomorrow evening.

Adrian