Installation comment

Hi all,

Sorry for the minimal detail - hopefully someone else will understand this much better than I do, and be able to fill in if required. Failing that, I might be able to do better later. Just spent many more hours on this than anticipated, and need sleep.

I installed bullseye on my HP ProBook 430 G3 (attempting to encrypt everything including /boot, but backed out of that - I don't think it was relevant in the end) - using UEFI. Grub failed to install. I looked at the logs on VT 3, and saw stuff about No space left on device. df showed my devices all seemed fine.

It turned out that my NVRAM was full of dump files. I don't know what they're for and why they had accumulated, but a page on the Arch wiki suggested deleting them, which allowed grub to install.

Is it worth putting comments about that in the release notes? Or is it too obscure a condition?

Thanks,
Richard