Re: Use isenkram to get around the firmware problem?

[Ben Hutchings]
> These packages have included AppStream files with <firmware> elements
> for years (since 20160110-1).  The <modalias> elements are what I'm
> adding.

Aha.  I did not remember.  Checked isenkram-autoinstall-firmware and it
will both check the home made index files extracted from apt-file, and
'appstreamcli what-provides firmware:runtime iwlwifi-6000g2a-6.ucode'.

The <modalias> information is native to isenkram, so I expect those
packages will show up in searches using isenkram-lookup when the
appstream index is updated.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen