Re: problem with GPT/UEFI in debian 11 / debian 10.9 installer

Hi,

Alexandru Goia <goia.i.alexandru@gmail.com> (2021-04-26):
> I tried to install debian 11 on my machine, but since it is a Dell
> with UEFI and GPT, i have not succeded.

You'll have to be more specific regarding what failed to succeed:
  https://www.debian.org/releases/bullseye/amd64/ch05s04.en.html#problem-report

> Still, Ubuntu 2020.10 went ok. Can you put in debian-installer the
> option to format/create a EFI partition ?

The installer will do that automatically for you if:

 1) It was indeed started by your firmware in UEFI mode (meaning GRUB)
    instead of BIOS/Legacy/CSM (meaning isolinux). There's a label on
    the boot screen to verify what happened.

 2) You use some guided partitioning (the default) and not “manual
    partitioning”.

Cheers,