Can't install Grub on SSD (bullseye)

Hi

I'm currently testing the new installer for bullseye. I ran into a strange problem with grub-install, using "bios" grub, not EFI. Basicaly grub files are not copied in /boot/grub if my carget is a SSD.
Could you tell me if this is a known issue before I write a bug report ?

Here's more details :

This was tried several times on an intel server with hard-drive or SSD as target. Both using a /boot partition anl LVM for everything else. Problem happened only with SSD. I've used Bullseye images with firmware, build on the end of march or the beginning of april.

Trying to install grub on SSD failed, saying "no space left" while there is tons on free space in the /boot partition and folder /boot/grub is empty :
===========
Apr  5 21:21:07 grub-installer: info: Installing grub on '/dev/sda'
Apr 5 21:21:07 grub-installer: info: grub-install does not support --no-floppy Apr 5 21:21:08 grub-installer: info: Running chroot /target grub-install --force "/dev/sda"
Apr  5 21:21:08 grub-installer: Installing for i386-pc platform.
Apr 5 21:21:08 grub-installer: grub-install: error: cannot open `/boot/grub/i386-pc/sleep_test.mod': No space left on device. Apr 5 21:21:08 grub-installer: error: Running 'grub-install --force "/dev/sda"' failed.

Booting with rescue option doesn't give the choice to fix Grub install if SSD is the target. While testing with hard drive as target, the option is there.

If a bug report is needed, tell me what informations you want.

Best regards
Xavier

--
Librement,