Installing Debian from HDD with Win7 to USB stick

Dear developers and mantainers,

I want to install Debian to a USB stick from a hard drive
with Windows 7.

This is what I have already done:

I put an ISO DVD image of Debian 10.8 at C:\
I put vmlinuz and initrd.gz from hd-media at C:\tmpx\
I extracted g2ldr and g2ldr.mbr from the ISO image and put it at C:\tmpx\
I extracted setup.exe and win32-loader.ini from the ISO image and put it at C:\
I modified the win32-loader.ini (without the leading spaces) from:
    [installer]
    kernel=linux
    arch=i386
    i386/linux=install.386/vmlinuz
    i386/initrd=install.386/initrd.gz
    i386/gtk/linux=install.386/vmlinuz
    i386/gtk/initrd=install.386/gtk/initrd.gz

    [grub]
    g2ldr=g2ldr
    g2ldr.mbr=g2ldr.mbr
to:
    [installer]
    kernel=linux
    arch=i386
    i386/linux=tmpx/vmlinuz
    i386/initrd=tmpx/initrd.gz

    [grub]
    g2ldr=tmpx/g2ldr
    g2ldr.mbr=tmpx/g2ldr.mbr
Note: g2ldr and g2ldr.mbr can not be at root, otherwise
preinstallation fails when trying to copy them there.

I ran setup.exe and went to the end of the procedure successfully.

However, I saw that win32-loader (setup.exe) modified the initrd.gz
from hd-media.
As I understood from the log of win32-loader, some "preseed" information
was added to initrd.gz.  I saw it with 7-Zip and found that the data
"inside" the
initrd that is inside initrd.gz was unmodified.  Since 7-Zip reported that the
compressed initrd was modified and it also gave a wrong compressed size,
I opened initrd.gz with an hexadecimal editor and saw that some data was
"appended to" but not "put into" initrd.gz

Perhaps it is normal behaviour for the initrd.gz from the ISO, but
since I'm using
the one from hd-media on Debian's mirrors, I want to be sure that
nothing bad happened
and that I can continue with the installation.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Santiago Pinto.