Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

Hey Andreas!

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 02:46:52PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 08, 2020 at 10:23:19AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> Hey Andreas! I hope you're keeping well!

>> >I wonder whether I might have missed some information whether there
>> >is something I could test meanwhile.
>>
>> I'm afraid that various higher-priority interrupts came up (new job,
>> UEFI security work) and I got side-tracked for a while. You must be
>> psychic - I just started picking things up again last weekend.
>
>I admit I did not payed much attention on the development of tasksel and
>thus the chances to select Blends right from the installer.  The topic
>remains to be urgent for all Blends - but I'm afraid it will be to late
>for Debian 10.  Or did I missed something and the status is promising
>for this release?

Apologies, I think I've let you down :-( .

I've made a *small* amount of progress at hacking on debconf (route
#2). But again I've had other things come up, not least another round
of Secure Boot fixes. We're not going to have changes in for
Bullseye. Sorry. :-(

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer