Re: Unexpected reboot after powerpc install

On 2/9/2021 10:27 AM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I was trying to follow John Paul Adrian Glaubitz instructions for
installing Debian 10 on a PowerMac G5. The instructions are at
https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2021/02/msg00011.html. The
instructions say to forgo the reboot after installation and perform
some extra steps.

At the end of the installation, the last screen told me a reboot was
needed. The last screen gave me two choices - <Continue> or <Go Back>.
I selected <Continue> because I had the extra steps to perform. I
planned on reboot after performing the extra steps.

Actually, at the reboot step, you need to "Switch to another console".

See (1) on how to do that.

1)  https://www.debian.org/releases/buster/amd64/ch06s01.en.html

--
John Doe