Re: Please release and upload rootskel

Hello Alper!

On 1/17/21 10:02 AM, Alper Nebi Yasak wrote:

>>> I'm a little reluctant to try and squeeze in a package that needs to be
>>> built on all archs (as opposed to console-setup which is 'all' entirely)
>>> right before a release; I think it'll be a prime candidate for the
>>> following Alpha instead. ;)
>>
>> Just wanted to send a ping for this. There are already people sending
>> emails about the issue...
>
> Hope this is a good time to ask for this again, this time with a better
> email subject.

Is someone working to fix this bug in the kernel? After all, we're adding a
hack in debian-installer here to work around an obvious kernel bug.

So, I think the right approach in the long team is to fix the kernel bug as
other software relies on what's present in /proc/consoles as well.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz