Re: Ubuntu 16 Xenial to 18 Bionic chroot - no network

Hi Marco,

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 10:14:24AM -0400, Marco Shaw wrote:
>https://askubuntu.com/questions/163084/upgrading-ubuntu-chroot-environment
>
>It seems do-release-upgrade is the "best" way to upgrade a chroot.
>
>I think I'm struggling to get this to work as my server does not have an
>internet connection so I must point it to my internal mirror.
>
>do-release-upgrade doesn't like my custom sources.list and tries to overwrite
>it with the official sources and that won't work.  (Long story, but I'm able to
>sneak in a sources.list update on the *host* OS, so it's upgraded to Bionic
>fine against my internal mirror, but I can't seem to sneak that in the chroot.
>Maybe I need to up/downgrade the do-release-upgrade version.  I had to manually
>load it in the chroot.)
>
>I don't have too much for customizations in my chroot...  I could just blow
>away the chroot and install a fresh Bionic one and restore a few files?

This is the mailing list for development discussion and questions
about the Debian installer. Please find somewhere else more
appropriate to ask Ubuntu questions.

"I used to be the first kid on the block wanting a cranial implant,
 now I want to be the first with a cranial firewall. " -- Charlie Stross