Setting up /tmp on /tmpfs during installation

During installation, is there some way of requesting /tmp to be mounted
as a tmpfs?

This is the one manual step I always do after an installation, but doing
during would seem more appropriate (and I wouldn't forget to do it half
the time). Some other distros apparently even set this by default.

Apologies if this is documented somewhere, I didn't find anything (or
rather: there is TMI out there. The solution to /tmp varied over time,
and distros).

Christian