Re: Linux mint 18 system failure

sean parry writes:

> I have a dual boot system with Windows and Linux mint 18.  The disk
> space for the Linux system is full.  Is there a way that I can recover
> the system and upgrade it?

It depends on many things, but from what I understand, I suggest you
move all your personal files (as opposed to system files and software)
onto a new hard drive (using a filesystem known to both Windows and
Linux, e.g. exFAT), then resize your Windows and GNU+Linux partitions as
you see fit.  I personally don't know precisely how to resize, but there
are resources on the internet.

The resizing can be dangerous to your data, so you should make sure to
not make mistakes.  That's why I recommend to put your personal files
onto a different hard drive that would not be touched by the resizing.
In any case, it is a good idea to keep your personal data in a safe
place when doing filesystem manipulations.

--
Fabrice BAUZAC-STEHLY
PGP 015AE9B25DCB0511D200A75DE5674DEA514C891D