Re: New language Occitan - console-setup

Hi,

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Holger Wansing, le lun. 05 oct. 2020 13:44:19 +0200, a ecrit:
> > Now it comes to keyboard configuration: I am unsure how it exactly needs to be
> > done in console-setup.
> >
> > Default locale for Occitan is oc_FR.UTF-8 and the needed keymap is French.
>
> Should it be French for all oc_* locales?

There is only oc_FR defined in locales package, so - yes, French for 'all'
those.

> > I'm sure where I should Occitan in keyboard-configuration.config (in the
> > list of countries or in the list of 'specific languages'?
>
> It depends on the strategy, whether the layout is rather attached to the
> language or to the country. It can also be a mixture of both.
>
> > Since Occitan is spoken in more than one country, I guess adding it to
> > the list of specific languages would be suitable?
>
> Or not, in case people speaking Occitan in the various countries tend
> to use the corresponding country keyboard layout (which I would tend to
> think is the case here?). In that case the existing *_FR*, *_ES* etc.
> rules are already fine.

Hmm, yes that would work, at least for the current situation, where oc_FR
is the only locale for Occitan.

So there no need to change anything in console-setup?

> > -Choices-C: us, al, ara, es(ast), bd, by, in(ben), be, ba, br, gb, bg, bg(phonetic), mm, ca, ca(multi), es(cat), cn, hr, cz, dk, nl, us(dvorak), bt, epo, ee, et, fi, fr(latin9), ge, de, gr, in(guj), in(jhelum), il, in, hu, is, ie, it, jp, in(kan), kz, kh, kg, kr(kr104), tr(ku_f), tr(ku), la, latam, lv, lt, mk, in(mal), np, no(smi), no, ir, ph, pl, pt, in(guru), ro, ru, rs, pk(snd), lk, sk, si, es, se, ch(fr), ch, tj, in(tam), in(tel), th, cn(tib), tr(f), tr, ua, cn(ug), vn
> > +Choices-C: us, al, ara, es(ast), bd, by, in(ben), be, ba, br, gb, bg, bg(phonetic), mm, ca, ca(multi), es(cat), cn, hr, cz, dk, nl, us(dvorak), bt, epo, ee, et, fi, fr(latin9), ge, de, gr, in(guj), in(jhelum), il, in, hu, is, ie, it, jp, in(kan), kz, kh, kg, kr(kr104), tr(ku_f), tr(ku), la, latam, lv, lt, mk, in(mal), np, no(smi), no, oc, ir, ph, pl, pt, in(guru), ro, ru, rs, pk(snd), lk, sk, si, es, se, ch(fr), ch, tj, in(tam), in(tel), th, cn(tib), tr(f), tr, ua, cn(ug), vn
>
> Do not add oc here, it is the list of selectable keymaps, we don't have
> to add another choice for Occitan, we just want to set the default
> selection for the Occitan locales (if really needed).

Ok.

Thanks

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076