Re: Getting beyond hijacking, Salsa privilege

On Sun, Sep 06, 2020 at 02:45:49PM +0200, Camaleón wrote:
> El 2020-09-05 a las 20:30 +0200, Geert Stappers escribió:

> > > P.S. As I already told Javier, this is the last time I translate these
> > > files because I don't like to see my job being blatantly hijacked.
> >

> > Acknowledge on "feeling hijacked".
> >
> > Which ingredients has the email exchange to get beyond hijacking?
>
> Maybe the term «hijacked» can sound strong wordings but that's how I felt.

I did recieve the "strong" words as  clear words.

> To describe it better, it happens when you have defined a way
> to do translations in Debian Spanish, you follow the established way
> and rules, and suddenly someone appears, gets your job, your files and
> even without asking (this time I did not request for any help), does
> whatever he wants, upload the files to GIT server, says there are
> «errors» but it does not allow me, as the last translator, to make the
> required changes, nor instructs me about where the problem lays so I
> can correct it by my own.

I do read that as Camaleón not yet having Salsa privileges
to update debian-boot translations.

@Camaleón would you be helped wiht git write access to debian-installer?

> In brief, acting in a dictatorial way, as he were the files' owner
> and dismissing your entire job. Well, that hurts, despite the status of
> the person where it comes from.
>
> > And a less retoric question:
> > What is possible for working together on the same goal?
>
> We are all working on the same goal. There's a lot of translation work
> to do in Debian and I'm fine translating other files; no problem on
> my side. This episode was just the usual frictions that happens on teams
> conformed by human people with human egos.

+1
Thanks for expressing that.

> So let's keep working to get the job done.

And the other jobs / tasks / duties  we have  :-)

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse