Re: Next attempt to add Blends to Debian installer

On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 04:23:08PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>Hey Andreas!
>
>On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 08:23:39AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>
>>the first alpha of the installer of Debian 11 is out.  As we talked at
>>DebConf about better Blends support:  Is there anything we can test
>>regarding tasksel?
>
>Not yet, I'm afraid. A little too swamped so far, but you're near the
>top of my TODO list. I'm hoping to get some time for development on
>this in the next couple of months.

(Overdue!) update: I've been hacking on this for a while, and I hope
to have a prototype for testing up shortly. It works fine on my local
system, but in a test d-i build it fails totally so I've clearly
missed something! Debugging that now...

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer