Re: Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk

On 3/18/20 9:58 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:
> while investigating a grub installation failure, I came across the main menu
> entry of grub-installer:
> 	"Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk"
>
> This is no longer optimal, since we have flash/SSD drives, SD cards etc. where
> OS'es are installed on.
>
> So this should be changed, similar to the "rename 'CD/CD-ROM' into
> 'installation media' approach".

According to that logic you would have to replace the save icon in every
desktop application because we're no longer using floppy disks.

The majority of all users is able to perform the cognitive process to
that "hard disk" means "installation device" and "storage medium" here
is very confusing since that normally refers to a data disk and not
the system disk.

When are we going to replace "REWIND", "PAUSE", F. FWD", "PLAY" and
"RECORD" on playback devices since we are no longer dealing with tapes
and "re-cording" and "re-winding" does not actually reflect anymore
what's happening?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz