Re: boot-time accessibility issues

> On Mar 5, 2020, at 03:30, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>
> One thing I am missing in your description is: how is the system getting
> installed in your use case?  Is it installed by the blind user himself,
> or by somebody else?

Ideally, the system hardware and software could be installed and configured by a blind user.  In one possible scenario, the user might receive a USB flash drive in the mail.  In another, they might download the software and load it onto a flash drive, using another running system.

Clearly, there are problems in this scenario that extend well beyond booting.  For instance, assembling the system hardware can be challenging for a blind user, even with a blind-oriented HowTo such as this one:

CanaKit for the Raspberry Pi 4 B
http://pa.cfcl.com/item?key=Areas/Content/HowTos/RasPi_4B_CanaKit/main.toml

> Is it a plain pre-installed system image?

For lack of knowledge, I'm going to call this an implementation detail.  Suggestions welcome...

-r