Re: Pulling free firmware-ath9k-htc into the CD images

I've committed a rudimentary udeb in Git at
https://salsa.debian.org/jscott/open-ath9k-htc-firmware.git

for which I would appreciate feedback. Does the d-i freeze coming up in a
couple weeks mean this may not clear NEW in time for Bullseye?

If so, no biggie. Here's the gist of what it installs:
/etc/modprobe.d/ath9k_htc.conf
/lib/firmware/ath9k_htc/htc_7010-1.dev.0.fw
/lib/firmware/ath9k_htc/htc_9271-1.dev.0.fw

The 1.dev.0 file names make it so that firmware-nonfree can be coinstalled
without any changes. The modprobe options, which should hopefully be honored
by the installer image, just sets
	options ath9k_htc use_dev_fw=1
so it finds the firmware with the alternate filename.

A release of the firmware package (no udeb) was released a couple days ago
and should land in Bullseye shortly, so just let me know if the udeb looks
suitable for upload; sponsorship would be appreciated.