Re: [AMD/ATI graphics] Missing firmware not declared / kernel modules not included in initrd

Hi,

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> Could this not be done in "discover"?  If it can match PCI devices with
> a specific class and vendor, that should be enough to decide that
> firmware-amd-graphics (AMD, ATI) or firmware-misc-nonfree (Intel,
> Nvidia) might be wanted.

Hmm, is discover used in the installer at all?
There has been no upload since 2018, and several NMUs before...

Moreover, there seems to be no repository for it at all, since Alioth is dead.
If the installer relies on it, shouldn't we have it under some control?

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076