Re: tasksel_3.62_source.changes REJECTED

On 2020-12-21 11:24, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 12/21/20 11:08 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:
If I understand this correctly, dm's are not allowed to upload packages including
NEW parts / introducing new packages?

Correct. The DM permissions that you have received are static and if you tried to upload anything outside these static permissions, you will get a REJECT.

(I could not find this documented in Debian Policy or Developers Reference BTW,
so maybe I am wrong with the above assumption?)

No, it's just not documented.

The authoritative documentation is (sadly) in a GR: https://www.debian.org/vote/2007/vote_003

And it was unclear how much of it can actually be changed without a GR - despite ~all bullet points saying "initial policy". A power to set policy has not been conferred to a team with this GR. At least that's what I recall. ;-)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern