Switching nano-udeb to use ncurses

Hi,

GNU nano's upstream author is soon removing slang support, because it's
buggy and the only know user is nano-udeb.

I have patched the ncurses source to create a libncursesw6-udeb package
and have tested building nano against it -- it results in a working
nano binary in a d-i environment.

Adding ncurses will only add a few kbs to the installer, as libtinfo is
already included in the installer, and is mitigated by nano-udeb being
now compiled with --without-included-regexp, which makes the binary
substantially smaller. Furthermore, if cdebconf and whichever other
slang users in d-i can be switched to ncurses, the result might be a
net space gain after all, but I haven't looked at this so closely.

See https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ncurses/-/merge_requests/3 in Salsa
and https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=976275 in the
BTS.

Is there anything fundamentally wrong with this approach?

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach <jordi@debian.org>
Debian Project