Re: Another new language for the installer: Kabyle

Hello, i think if we add kab_DZ.UTF-8 locale in the locales-all package, The issue will be solved

Le mar. 27 oct. 2020 à 23:39, Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> a écrit :
Hi all,

Kabyle language just arrived in the installer - yeah. (a Berber language,
mostly spoken in Algeria, North-Africa).
Translation status is already 100% translated !!! (translations partly merged
from Ubuntu)

I have pushed a change for console-setup, to add a new keymap to the list:
Berber (Latin).

My local tests seemed to work fine here, rendering is good in the text-based
installer as well as in the graphical one.

However, now I realized that switching the keyboard works fine in graphical
installer, but not in the text-based installer:
although /etc/default/keyboard correctly has

        XKBLAYOUT="dz"
        XKBVARIANT="la"

the active keymap remains English.

I wonder what may cause this...
I have noticed that the used locale is "kab_DZ" - so no UTF-8!
(I chose Kabyle as language (kab) and Algeria as country (DZ).)

In fact, there is no kab_DZ.UTF-8 locale in the locales-all package.
I assume, that's where the list of locales in the installer is generated
from?

Could this be the reason for the keymap switching problem? (UTF-8 required?)

Hint: some weeks ago, keymap switching was completely broken for some time
(#969965).
But I checked that this works again now, so that should be not the issue here.

Regards
Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076