Re: Setting up /tmp on /tmpfs during installation

On Tue, 2020-10-27 at 10:07 +0100, Christian Kastner wrote:
> During installation, is there some way of requesting /tmp to be mounted
> as a tmpfs?

It might be possible to do this by pre-seeding partman, but I don't
think it can be done interactively.

> This is the one manual step I always do after an installation, but doing
> during would seem more appropriate (and I wouldn't forget to do it half
> the time). Some other distros apparently even set this by default.

I think this could be done by default when there is a reasonably large
swap partition.

> Apologies if this is documented somewhere, I didn't find anything (or
> rather: there is TMI out there. The solution to /tmp varied over time,
> and distros).

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
All the simple programs have been written, and all the good names taken