Re: Missing daily builds on cdimage.debian.org (Re: Firmware testing images broken)

Hey Holger,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 10:21:39PM +0200, Holger Wansing wrote:
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
>> Hi Brandon,
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 03:17:11AM -0400, Brandon Werner wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I tried to use one of the Sid DI netinst firmware images and they
>> >seem to be broken for about a week or so now. After picking the
>> >language and keyboard, the iso is unable to mount. I am using an EFI
>> >machine with a usb flash drive and don't have a disk drive to test if
>> >the error occurs in that scenario. I tested on three different EFI
>> >machines that I have with very different processors and got the same
>> >results. One thing that might help is that I saw that linux 5.8
>> >entered Sid at the time things stopped working and wonder if a
>> >possible regression could be due to that
>>
>> ACK, looks like a regression in config somewhere - the isofs
>> filesystem is missing compared to the last build with 5.7.0-3.
>
>Another issue:
>While debugging the said installer errors, I found that at
>https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/daily/
>there are many daily builds missing apparently:
>
>There, we have daily builds for
>20190818-5/
>20190818-7/
>20190819-1/
>20190820-1/
>20190820-3/
>20190820-5/
>20200913-3/
>20200913-5/
>20200913-7/
>20200914-1/
>20200914-3/
>20200914-5/
>
>So there is more than a year missing in between.
>Not good, if you want to boil errors down to a specific package version or commit...
>
>Any idea, why this happened?

I think you've misinterpreted this. We *don't* try to keep the daily
builds around for more than a few days. They're a moving target. The
only reason that the 2019 images are still around at all is that
they're the last few builds where we had a build for mips. (There's
logic in the cleanup scripts to keep a few builds per architecture.)
I'll clean up those old directories now.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra