Re: #861123 installation-reports: Debian9 rc2 & rc3 netinst fails at installing GNOME DE, the rest work

Iraklis Gkougkousis <igdeb@protonmail.com> wrote (24 Apr 2017 19:57:01):
> Today, I attempted to install Debian9 with the GNOME desktop environment on my personal desktop. I used the rc3 netinst iso. I'll also say, I attempted to do the
> exact same thing, several weeks ago with the rc2 installer, and the situation was exactly the same. I didn't file a bug report then, because I assumed I did
> something wrong. I tried it again now and the same happened.
>
> Everything went well during the beginning of the installation, up to the point where I get to select the DE. The list shows up as normal. I choose GNOME and hit
> <Enter> to continue. It started downloading files, as usual. When the files finished downloading, the installer then turns red (instead of the usual blue), prints
> 'critical installation step failed' and made me go back to the DE selection

A pre-release (testing) installation with rc2/rc3 installer, where the
described installation is known to work these days.

so closing this bug

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076