Re: #756517 PPC: Jessie boots to black screen, needs video boot parameter for GUI, doesn't append yaboot.conf

Keith Rogers <keith@refaceplace.net> wrote (30 Jul 2014 15:09:02):
> Installation went normally. Upon initial reboot, computer booted to black screen. Consoles are available.
> I restarted and interupted the boot process with a TAB, then entered "Linux video=radeonfb:1920x1080-32@60"
> without the quotes. Computer booted successfully to GUI. However, boot parameter was not appended to
> yaboot.conf. My computer is Powermac G4 MDD, 1GHz single processor, 2 GB ram and ATI 9800 Pro video

Since yaboot is no longer used for powerpc archs, this report can be closed.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076