Re: Completely switch graphical installer to fonts-noto?

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2020-03-28):
> Hey folks,
>
> On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 05:52:26PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org> (2020-03-27):
> >>
> >> So, what's the opinion of the team: is there any interest to move to
> >> fonts-noto?
> >
> >Besides the first topic you mentioned, and the idea of putting all our
> >eggs in the same basket (possibly meaning less maintenance for us,
> >and/or maybe more pressure on the maintainers of a newly-critical
> >component), the big question is what users will think of the changes.
> >
> >I suppose the best way to approach this would be to ask e.g. translators
> >for each language to compare the rendering before/after, and have them
> >tell us what they think (maybe by setting up a poll). I suspect this
> >might be a rather time consuming task…
>
> Maybe just do it, and announce it as a big change for the next alpha
> release?

This would be an easy way to publish updated installation images for
people to toy with, and compare with the previous alpha. And I think
that'd be a sensible approach (at least that's what I had in mind).

Gathering the results and drawing a conclusion is what worries me a
little.

Cheers,