Re: Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk

Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Wed, 2020-03-18 at 10:11 +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
>> According to that logic you would have to replace the save icon in every
>> desktop application because we're no longer using floppy disks.
>
> That has already happened to many (most?) applications.

One alternative I've seen used is a piggy-bank icon, which is already
an example of the same sort of long-dead symbolism!  How many children
these days see the analogy between a piggy-bank and a piglet?  A few
centuries ago, you threw your leftovers to the family pig in the
expectation of eventually "cashing in" the investment...