Re: boot-time accessibility issues

Apple solved this problem back in 2006.  That was when Mac OS Tiger 10.4
became available.  What Apple did was to put a message asking for
language to be used on the screen for about 10 seconds I think.  If that
message didn't get a keyboard response then VoiceOver got turned on
since Apple figured someone who couldn't see the screen then needed
VoiceOver turned on to do the installation.